Learning Path: Learn the Business Value of Microsoft Azure
We are big fans of the new Microsoft Learn platform, and it is good to see the content on there growing all of the time.
There is a wealth of content for the technical Azure community, but one positive move is the realisation that the sales and technical sales community has been underserved with some of the business value messages. Anyone who has been monitoring the various hyperscale clouds will know that Azure is in a strong second place with huge year on year growth, and there are a number of reasons why customers are choosing the platform and partners are pivoting their business around the opportunity.
With that background, it is great to see a new learning path: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-gb/learn/paths/learn-business-value-of-azure/. There are nine modules within the learning path:
- Welcome to Microsoft Azure
- Enabling digital transformation
- Introduction to Azure solutions
- Applications and infrastructure migration and modernization
- Microsoft data estate migration and modernization
- Microsoft Azure Artificial Intelligence (AI) strategy and solutions
- Microsoft Azure IoT strategy and solutions
- Overview of the Microsoft Cloud Operating Model
- Microsoft runs on trust
It is a great overview of Azure, so jump onto the site, get some XP and grab the badge!
Microsoft Azure Fundamentals (AZ-900)
There is a new exam, Azure Fundamentals (AZ-900) which has come into the role focused set of exams. It is intended for candidates from non-technical backgrounds to demonstrate a foundational knowledge of Azure.
Go to the main AZ-900 page to see the full set of areas being tested:
- Understand Cloud Concepts
- Understand Core Azure Services
- Understand Security, Privacy, Compliance and Trust
- Understand Azure Pricing and Support
One of the recommended resources to prepare for the exam is another learning path from Microsoft Learn: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/learn/paths/azure-fundamentals/
This has recently expanded so there is a clear intention for the learning path to directly match the AZ-900 topics.